Australia is among the countries with the highest prevalence of eczema or atopic dermatitis. The current prevalence of eczema in Australia is between 10 to 15 per cent of the population.
These super soft gloves, which are made from health-friendly and biodegradable bamboo, will prevent you from scratching directly on eczema / wounds, and also keep the cream that is used in the treated area to last longer if you are doing wet wrap therapy. Our aim is to help sufferers in Australia!
Our eczema gloves are approved by the Norwegian Asthma and Allergy Association – this is an independent group of doctors and medical specialist that selecting products very carefully.
Our Bamboo Gloves are specifically made for adults affected by eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other sensitive skin conditions.
Our gloves are:
- effective in the management of eczema, psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, and dermatomyositis
- helpful in reducing scratching and itching
- comes in 5 different adult sizes that fit snugly and won't stretch out
- machine washable at 60 °C and will keep their good qualities
- can be worn over lotion/prescription creams for wet wrap therapy
- can be worn under rubber gloves for skin contact protection
- can be worn as general hand wound protection while you are busy
- can be worn to control the harmful effects of scratching, especially habitual scratching at night time. For many eczema sufferers, scratching at night during sleep is one of the biggest causes of unknown skin damage - not letting the skin rest and heal overnight. Although it is unintentional, sleep scratching can often reverse the healing progress made during the day when resisting the urge to scratch.
These night gloves for eczema help in two ways:
1. Act as a friction barrier between your finger nails and your skin while you sleep.
2. Can be used for wet/wrap therapy
Benefits of bamboo:
- Antibacterial - bamboo has natural elements to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Great insulating properties - keeps you cooler in summer and warm in winter
- One of the softest natural fabric on the planet - our customers love the texture!
- Natural UV protection - protects your hands from sunburns and further aggravating skin conditions
- Hypoallergenic - natural bamboo does not cause allergic reactions
- Most eco-friendly fabric on the planet - from organic farming
- BEWARE of some cotton gloves on the market that are made of poor quality cotton and polyester blends which can cause allergic reactions. When selecting eczema gloves please go with organic cotton or bamboo.
- 95% bamboo
- 5% lycra
- Pair of Bamboo Eczema Gloves (1 x left hand, 1 x right hand)